Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Skipped Work

Skipped going to work today. Been up since five in the morning but I felt groggy and my limbs seemed to have been deprived of rest for several months that I felt so beat up and lay again on my bed to steal some time before going to work. Though, when I had been laying prostrate for sometime and getting an unexplainable need for a rest, I decided to hell with work but gonna sleep myself until noon. My sleep was only sporadically cut by the call of LilFeather and asking me why did I skip going to work.

"Tired," I mumbled on the mobile. "I need to get a rest."

So it was already past one in the afternoon when I got off the bed. Had my ritual of coffee and dose of nicotine, smoking several Winstons without letup under the tree under the heat of a noonday sun. It felt fine, felt nice not to worry anything, just letting my head clear up, though I could not help my mind stray on the pending works I had to do in the office. There were a lot of things I still I had to write, articles, essays, and my column.

But what I was really looking forward for was a time to finally take time to read On Road by Jack Kerouac which I bought a couple of months ago but work hindered me to do. Plus I also had a book by the late St. Nick History and Culture.

Now, it is already early evening and I haven't done anything.

I spent my whole waking hours, loitering and talking shit with the young people in our street. Drat! There was no good convo that went on, just talking about nothing, doing nothing.... the young people in our street just whiling time goofing around, not the kind of an intelligent goofing around, but the kind which people do when they had nothing to do or say or talk about something important. They were just plain letting the hours fly by, staring at the passersby. Good God! They even tried to drown an ant out of nothing to do.

Things just got interesting when the Deo arrived, though still talking about shit, a subject more shit but interesting though.

Together, we roamed the subdivision looking for some actions. The damned Deo wanted to do nothing but walk, and the jerk kept us both walking under the drizzle, not wanting to take a cover.

The man only left me when I went to this net cafe to check my blog and email. He could not understand anything that had to do with computers.

Drat! I still have to write at least an essay for our mags before this day is over.

No comments: