Saturday, December 03, 2005

A Couple

I was on my way home from work. As the escalator inside the MRT station brought me down on the waiting platform, I spotted, among the jaded corporate peons eager to get a ride and escape the heat that was so pervasive in the air, a young couple embracing each other. The young couple was oblivious to the people around them.
The young lady, in spectacles, looked classy in her black tee and pants, and you don’t have to stare too long at her to notice that she was pretty. The young man on the other hand had his long hair tied.
I could have forgotten about them after the train arrived and I waded through the throng of passengers to get a seat. But they happened, by chance, to stray on their way before me. The couple stood before me who by then had a seat already. They continued displaying their sweet embracing. They were in love.
I could not help took furtive glances at the young lady. She was pretty indeed; but not that kind of prettiness that you get tired of staring at after sometime.
I heard her soft voice, and I knew then that this lady belonged to those who can do her shopping anytime in Hong Kong or Singapore or even New York. And throughout the duration that they stood before they alighted at Ayala Station, I knew then that I saw and experienced magic.
Their movements had magic. Everything they did was magic. Not because they were in love. There was just magic in all their moves. It’s like the way when you see a famous genius or an artist. Every move has magic in it; beauty. This couple by their very person alone exudes beauty. They were young, confident, and simple but astonishingly stand taller than the rest.

No comments: