Sunday, December 04, 2005

Midnoon Journal

I haven’t tried this for a long time but I’m gonna do it now just for the sake of yakking. I have half an hour to do this before my time expires renting this pc in a net café near us. Begin. Before going here, I had a terrible urge to read, to write, to pick a pen and start writing, or probably go to my sister’s house to use her PC and pound on the keyboards, just plain gonna yak something, something that would come to my mind, a kind of release for my urges. I want to fly, soar; there’s tension in my limbs, eagerness to do something. Yes, probably just something. So I went to here to write (that was my first goal) but checking my mails and visiting my blogsite and checking the traffic plus the uncontrolled straying on other blogs among my links ate my time. I was thinking of starting over, or rather, continuing to write that planned short fiction for Vin Simbulan’s planned Dragon Anthology, but I don’t know where I had put the draft of the story that I wrote. Probably, got thrown away with all the garbage of papers that for months had been cluttering my room. Maybe after I’m through with renting this PC, if I have nothing better to write, journal or a new fiction, I’m gonna make myself like a madman rummaging in the piles of papers in my room to look for that unfinished draft of a story. Anyway, got real thing going on with my job (though the fucking magazine still could not hit the printers because of the whims and fickle mindedness of our boss who kept on changing things about the magazine.) Drat! Really want to pound on the keyboard and say something special, hoping that as I go along there would be some enlightenment, a good phrase, a good piece of wisdom hitting my head and be put on the virtual paper. Just wanna yak. Oh, before I forget, reading Jack Kerouac I stumbled on something special. Here it is: No courting talk – (just) straight talk about souls, for life is holy and every moment is precious. Damn! Good piece of mystic wisdom... TIME REMAINING: 8 minutes (though before I start the first sentence when I wrote BEGIN I first roamed the downloaded MP3s in this PC to get the right sound, a fast one, loud, that would stir my soul real hard to write and just yak.. Anyway, back about work. Pretty appeased when my managing editor gave in to my request to replace the content of my column for the magazine. The previous subject and content-wise is really a piece of shit. God! I was planning then before the magazine to hit the magazine racks in National Bookstores to apologize for the senseless, pretentious, green-horned bull that I was for writing such a political reading of the country. For weeks prior to the change, I had been writhing in disgust about my column, and damned trying to hold myself from talking hard on my managing editor (who had been working real hard about all the magazines under her) to give in to my request. Though much that I avoided having a hard talk about her to change the content, the frustration about the magazine and how things had been happening on the process of improving it hit me real hard that I flared up. Drat! I went out of the office and along the corridor, with all my might, all my frustrations, all my souls, all anger, threw the dummy of the magazine on the carpeted floor. Damned! It was a good release. Really good. Then after that a terrible, angry yakking inside the office. Though in the end, I got what I wanted. Finish.

No comments: