Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Some Changes

It is funny how, like in a flick of your fingers, your circumstances just altered.

For two days now, I've been working -- yup, working, as in employed and being paid -- for a writing position. (Though, pessimist as I am when it comes on having a job, I've programmed my mind on anticipating any moment of notice for my termination -- I guess, that's what past experiences do on your psyche, especially if those experiences are similar to mine.)

What made this new circumstances finally sink in in my consciousness is when I visited a blogsite where I frequently drop by to update myself on local the literary scene. I was looking for list of books which I could write prodding me to check the previous months' postings.

Then, like a cold wind that breezes on your skin to trigger the recollection of the recent past, I chanced to read a blog post that told me nothing, nothing, nothing but the total change of my circumstances; that, hey, you're writing, yet somebody is paying you to do it.

No comments: