Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Pinikpikan's Kalipay: Arts and Music Day Festival on Peripatetic Mind

Since I’ve already posted the video Hey, Jack Kerouac of the 10,000 Maniacs live performance at the birth town of Jack Kerouac and there is a mysterious or yet mystical musicality pervading the house today I could not grasp but feel all the same, I thought of posting another video (two actually of the same song) to relay that celebration of words and music.

It just hit me when I woke up what I really want to watch on youtube. The history is a quiet one, alone and roaming Glorietta during those days of mine that succinctly immortalized by Dong Abay in his song Esem. Yup, roaming the commercial city with nary a money, just enough for a ride for a way home and two sticks of Marlboro to parry the attacks of hunger. Sniffing, looking around, and yes killing time as I waited for the arrival of wisdom. There were two places where I usually hang out at then, probably an hour at Tower Records checking newly released CDs at the corner where you can listen for free. I found there once the album of Pinikpikan but as I said money was short and I could not buy a copy. There too at Tower Records would I find cherished album such as Born Again a remixed album for the late Notorious BIG and was it there that I bought my only Public Enemy CD? The other place was Powerbooks of course (my private/public library – recent found were the works of Osho and Eckhart Tolle Power of Now and Practicing the Power of Now.)

Now before I get lost of what I am supposed to do, here’s the two videos of Pinikpikan (the other one just shows the cover of the album and the other one a live performance). The air has a tinge of chilliness in it and I can feel as if I’m in an Arts and Music Festival somewhere in this globe. Music and words.



The live performance (a little bit pixilated):

No comments: