Saturday, June 07, 2008

5 AM Routine

It took me an hour or more visiting familiar sites online and reading a couple of blogsites before I finally come to my senses that I need to post something here. I used to wake up five in the morning and would start pounding on the keyboard after a dose of nicotine and caffeine but the thought of doing it now seems strange if not almost alien to me. Writing in the morning used to be a routine I learned a long time ago. Now, it is as if I’m starting to learn how to write again. (I could not even hold the subject matter of this post in my head like I suddenly incurred a disorder like short attention span.)

Oh, what is it again that I’m harping in here? (Got to do a re-reading of the first paragraph.)

Oh, yes, something like posting an entry for this blog.

Anyway, going to a subject matter that is of importance, I almost experienced a sudden non-existence as my internet connection went bonkers for eight excruciating days. During the days when I was still not connected online, my computer looked complete. Everything that I need was there – a word processor – and that was it. I could go on using the computer completely showered with bliss as I hear the din of a pounded keyboard.

But when my internet connection suddenly was severed because of a malfunctioning modem/router, I could not stand (or rather sit) using my computer without it. It was as if my computer were not complete and the digital electronic experience of basking under the benefits of Information Technology is no where in sight. Things were not the same as before.

Without the usual routine of checking my email, the online sites that I write for, and just the plain experience of knowing that you are online, I felt my oxygen supply was cut off and I was heaving heavily to get some online-experience-dosed air for life.

Nevertheless, the eight excruciating days are already over. I’m back online.

And on the sideline, back again sipping coffee and puffing cigarette as I pound on the keyboard early in the morning.

No comments: