Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Stressed Out but Not Out

Ever since I took over the helm of our new magazine The Sun, stress have set in into me.

The primary concern is how could I apply the vision that I see for the mag, since as planned I would take over on the next issue not in the maiden. I thought of giving the whole line-up of articles a complete overhaul, since when it was conceived, the magazine would tackle the success people in every fields, so for the scratched title Success Today.

The first night was horrible. And even the brainstorming that came the next morning totally made my face haggard at the great responsibility of what I thought I should do to the magazine to make it politically and corporately themed mag.

My co-writers failed to see the great load bringing my shoulder literally down the floor. Worse, I could not tell them what my vision for the magazine was.

In the end, I compromised and let go of some of the obvious flaws I see in the line-up. Let it pass, they implied.

Nevertheless, the stress is not the thing that I avoid. It's is welcome. I had been just used in bumming around. So, I just have to adjust to a more active life, or in short having a job.

What I'm frustrated at and dread about is how will the magazine look, content included, when it hit the magazine racks.

I promise the next issue will be better. And, for sure, have the semblance of the vision that I have in mind.

No comments: