Saturday, August 13, 2011

Taking a Break


Writing for a blog is exhausting. I had to take a rest. A respite. A breathing space so my peripatetic mind can rest and empty itself from self-grandeur delusion.

The path that led me to blogging more than five years ago, I guess, was brought by listening to the radio talk show of Jessica Zafra in the now defunct NU107 station. And also from the accidental discovery of blogspot through the link of Palanca Awardee Dean Alfar when his story won a place in the said literary contest.

The succeeding years following the discovery of an online journal keeper kept me stirred up and alert that I have to compose at least one entry post in a week. Those were hazy days, considering that I need to smoke at least a stick of cigarette and catch from the slowly dispersing smoke the idea that I had to write for the day. I can call that ritual a playful mind joke euphorically and intellectually creating spiritual interpretation based from what I heard, seen, and read from books, radio, newspaper and magazines. So the tag literary mystic is fictitious and creation of an interpretative mind that needs to categorize everything in a box; yes, it is an illusion no matter how high is the pedestal the box have created for your self-centered ego.

Last I know, Dean Alfar has stopped or indefinitely took a break from his blogging activities. I don’t know about Jessica Zafra. But I guess she still continue to blog; ranting about life and childish wish for world domination is a good wishful thinking that can attributed to self-grandeur which she gets paid for. About the rest of the bloggers that I subscribed then I bet most of them have already taken a break to do some money-making activities.

Me, I’m still taking a break (but this statement will only force me to post something soon in this blog so don’t be surprised when another entry is seen after this).

No comments: