Monday, June 18, 2007

If I Were a Superhero

If you are a superhero what would you be and what powers would you have?

This was one of the supposed essays I should have had answered the previous week when I applied as a web content writer. But listlessness or out of carelessness, I thought I should have only given the question a 100-word essay.

If I would be a superhero what power should I have? The question is tough and silly on the second thought given the fact that I’m already past the age of Christ.

What powers should I have, I would prefer having the power and knowledge of the underlying ‘realities’ of our world. I don’t know if this is the product of reading Castaneda but somehow it has something to do with it.

If I have this power, I could manipulate the world, the physical world. I can bend spoon like a Buddhist monk. I can hop over the deck of buildings with ease – no, without a web, but by sheer force of what I know about the universe and its design. I can easily learn kung fu, aikido, taekwando, and karate in seconds. I can manoeuvre any vehicle that I want.

If these descriptions are coming to you with some familiarity, yes, they all come from the trilogy Matrix. When I watched this movie, it struck and spellbound me. I was slouching at the back seat of my older brother’s car staring blankly at the moonless sky. What if this universe is not the real universe that there is? Possible.

Anyway, what I was thinking then when I was answering the question was to be the Neo; the One.

Yet, on the second thought, who I could come close to the characters in the Matrix is Morpheus.

You’ll learn it when I smile.

No comments: