Monday, July 17, 2006

Assessment of Pending Works and Blackhole

Assessing my work at hand under the rate that I am doing it, it seems it will take a decade before I can finish them into something that can occupy some space in bookstore shelves.

Here's a run-down of my projects:

  1. Short Fictions: 1.) An untitled short story about a nightmare and love is already on its first rough draft. Its status is shelved until I find the right time to polish it and improve the storytelling style. 2.) The Adventure of the Man They Called Mariano Torres is an old story that I rewrote wall-to-wall in long hand and waiting to be transferred into the word processor.
  2. Novel: 1.) The Gulag Experience. I have been thinking of imitating Ignacio Padilla on writing about a foreign country from my own, veering away from the usual local subject or theme, and writing it with a history as a backdrop. But it seems Alexandr Solzhenitsyn have exploited that subject. 2.) Wasteland (Tentative Title). My whole being has been revving up to write this just finished research I did and plunged into for more than four years. But my mind is not yet ready for it is still recuperating from too much use/abuse of using an "articifial force" when writing. I still have to get used writing again in my normal state. I have the story in my head already and it is only time before I can it - I hope soon. And also practicing to get my wind back.

* * * * *

"Me a black hole and everything is being sucked by my strong gravitational force. Can you believe that? And is the comeuppance coming soon?" Thyrone Slothrop talking to the Kenosha Kid.

No comments: