Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Regarding My Short Story aka Speculative Fic Kuno

I mentioned during one of my post here, when I was starting a new story and was immersed on it, that I knew how to write the story the moment I started writing it. The intention and vision for the end product was clear as a pristine brook.

Yet, after a couple or months or so, and after attempting to beat the deadline for the anthology of speculative fictions Dean Alfar plans to publish, I am not sure anymore whether the first vision I had on the story could be seen on the last metamorphosis of its text. I even forgot altogether what the first vision was. I just hacked on the story during the last remaining days prior to the deadline; my head swirling in giddiness, with blurred vision and pumped up adrenalin.

Honestly speaking, I don't know whether I wrote the story enough for it to be merited as a well-written one. I even doubt, yet hope, that Dean Alfar would accept it in his anthology. The opening paragraph alone is below par compared with my standard, yet I could not do anything about it as I had limited prowess of putting it the right way.

Nevertheless, the story is already in the hands of Dean Alfar. He's the one who will tell me if I did a good job or not. I hope I did.



No comments: